- Amazingly Fresh Seafood – Lobsters, Crabs, Prawns
- Calm seas with little or no current near the hotel
- Empty beaches with only the innocent fishermen
- Largest Coral Reef in Sri Lanka
- No light pollution – You actually see the stars at night!
- Options of exploring the Lagoons and Sea by boat
- Pretty innocent and genuine people, no touts no mass tourism
- Sports such as Diving, Kayaking, Kitesurfing, Snorkeling
- Sunset Strolls on the Beach collecting shells
- Swim with the plankton at night
- Three hours in a car from Colombo
- Wild Life – Whales, Dolphins, Turtles, Birds and even Sea Horses if you can find them! Oh and lots and lot of fish and Donkeys!
- You can also go to Anuradhapura and Wilpathu National Park as part of a bigger journey.
Silly things people ask me J
Is it dangerous? No it isn’t.
Are the roads good? Yes they are.
Is it like 7 hours drive from Colombo? No, just 3.5 if you come by car at a leisurely pace.
Are there shops? Yes there are shops.
Can we buy pizza? Believe it or not, my chef can make you pizza!
Can I do a weekend thing? Yes you can. You’ll have ample time to enjoy!
Now tell us what makes Kalpitiya special for you?