We all know and will hear more about the kiting scene in Sri Lanka. With major events like the KTA (Kiteboard Tour Asia) coming, its important for us to work together to ensure that this paradise is not lost.
The innocence of the people in the places we kite are amazing. They will not steal, they will not rip you off, they will be your friend and a genuine one at that, they will launch your kites and not expect anything in return.
We dont want this Paradise to become like a Bali or Phuket. We want it to remain as it is. More than that I dont want the innocent kids in the area to be led astray. Things you should keep in mind;
1. Kids will follow your example - if you swear and use foul language in front of them they will pick it up
2. If you smoke pot or do drugs in front of them they will be tempted to try it one day
3. If you are a drunk, please try not to do so in front of the kids. They might think its the cool thing to do
Instead, set the example. Let's all work together to ensure that the course of this nation and kitesurfing is managed well and developed in a proper manner. Let's also set the example.
Next time you come to Sri Lanka;
1. Do provide some reading books in English for the kids
2. Stationary items also do come in handy
3. Spend time with them and encourage them to continue with their studies
Ps. Thanks Mike for the inspiration and setting the example.